On 9-16-20 Mid Am President Paul Day released this update.
“Due to the recent federal court decision the Mid Am District will sanction full roster game play, until which time a stay order / appeal prohibits it. This means that your scrimmage activity can be full rosters at this time.
Continuation of masking, social distancing, and other Covid mitigation is still in full effect.
In the meantime, we need to continue to push for legislation that will keep us at full rosters should a stay order be made. Please make sure you are still contacting the legislators on HB 2832 and HB 2787.”
His full correspondence letter can be found below.
Show your team spirit by joining us for a fundraiser to support Indiana Youth Hockey Association.
Come in to the Chipotle at 1781 Oakland Ave in Indiana on Monday, October 5th between 4:00pm and 8:00pm.
Bring in this flyer, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to Indiana Youth Hockey Association.
NEW! ORDER ONLINE FOR PICKUP
Use code M3CJVRM before checkout in ‘promo’ field. Orders placed on Chipotle.com or through the Chipotle app for pickup using this unique code will be counted towards the fundraiser.
***All online orders must be placed for pickup at the same time/location of the fundraiser. Delivery cannot be counted at this
time. Gift card purchases during fundraisers do not count towards total donated sales, but purchases made with an existing
gift card will count.
The general rules are shown below and may be adjusted depending on the number of participants involved in the event (such as hockey skills camp). Please keep in mind these rules are subject to change by White Township but they are doing their best to assist the organizations to have a safe season.
Social Distancing and Masks - Current State and CDC guidelines
- Lines will be displayed on floor 6ft apart to help with social distancing while in line
- Masks will be worn by employees anytime social distancing is not possible
- Patrons must wear a mask in common areas and any time social distancing is not possible. Children (5 and under) or adults with medical conditions are excluded.
- Masks can be removed once a patron who is participating in a program or sport enters the area of play. Coaches must wear a mask on the area of play if social distancing is not possible.
- Patrons and staff will adhere to posted occupancy levels in all rooms and areas
- The number of tables in lobby will be limited and the number of chairs at each table will be limited to 2 per table unless patrons are from the same household
- Patrons will be encouraged to sit in the bleachers during games, practices, etc. to promote social distancing in a larger area
- During transition periods (ice cuts, program start/end) Staff may direct patrons to wait or relocate to promote social distancing in common areas.
- Patrons will not congregate in large groups (inside or outside)
- Patrons should Not linger in building after program, ice time, etc. is over
- Parents are asked to limit family and siblings in the building whenever possible.
Locker Room and Meeting Room Access
- Changing rooms will be prioritized for older groups – in most cases changing rooms will not be provided to U10 and U8. All age groups are encouraged to show up dressed.
- Maximum capacity in a locker rooms will be 8 and in the meeting rooms 10 – Organizations will be responsible for ensuring capacity requirements are followed. Teams will be provided two rooms when possible.
- Shower access is not permitted under the current State and CDC Guidelines.
- Organizations must call ahead to request meeting rooms and should not expect access on short notice. Meeting rooms are planned to be used as extra locker room space.
- Our concession stand will remain closed until CDC and State Guidelines change
- Vending machines will remain open and available.
- White Township staff will be diligent in enforcing this plan and has the right to remove patrons from the building who do not comply.
- The follow steps will be taken:
1. Friendly reminder
2. Verbal warning
3. Removal from the building
Remember - we all must do our part to make this season happen!
Congratulations to our 14U Team and our 12U AA Team for winning the Championship in their divisions at the MyHockey Congressional Cup MidWinter Classic held on the weekend of Jan 18 - Jan 20, 2020.
A total of 6 IYHA Teams attended the tournament from 10U to 14U. Thanks to everyone that attended and we hope everyone had a great time with their teams and hockey families!
Final tournament results can be found on the MyHockey website:
14U Tournament Champions
12U AA Tounament Champions
Congratulations to our 16U and 18U Teams for their championship wins in their MyHockey tournaments held in Pittsburgh the weekend of Jan 18-Jan 20, 2020!
Midget Major A1 Tournament Champions
18U Pittsburgh Midwinter Classic Champions
Our preseason clinic was conducted for 3 days between Friday, August 21rd through Sunday, August 23. Thanks to everyone who attended as well as Haines Total Hockey for putting together an excellent clinic.
We hope this clinic helped all of our players warm up and get pumped for the coming hockey season!
Haines Total Hockey conducting IYHA Pre Season Camp 8-25-2019